Call for Submissions: Abstracts for the Journal of Extension Special Issue on Innovation
The Journal of Extension Board, in partnership with eXtension, is pleased to announce a Call for Paper Abstracts for the Journal of Extension Special Issue on Innovation. The Special Issue has a tentative publication date of July 31, 2018.
Submission Guidelines:Innovation in context of Cooperative Extension was defined by the 2016 ECOP Innovation Task Force Report as “…the process of improving, adapting, developing, or creating a new product, system, service, or process, large or small, to deliver better results, create value for people, or move an organization forward.”
For this Journal of Extension issue focused on innovation, we are looking for examples from the following key areas:
- Technology and its innovative application (examples include but are not limited to 3-D and virtual reality, Oculus Rift, story maps, augmented reality, 3-D printing, Internet of Things)
- Case studies of road-tested innovations in effective volunteer management
- Case studies demonstrating new models for needs assessment
- Case studies documenting new business models for sustainable programming
- New or adapted program delivery methods (examples include but are not limited to collaborative learning, maker spaces, flipped classroom)
- Mobile learning and social media (examples include but are not limited to eXtension
- Education Technology Tweet-ups, Facebook video streaming, GIS)
- Innovative access to Cooperative Extension resources (examples include but are not limited to maker fairs, mobile apps, hybrid learning, virtual classroom)
- Evaluated models of engagement with new audiences (examples include but are not limited to STEM in the Mosque (Purdue University), community gardens by refugees, Urban Extension initiatives, private/public partnerships)
- Submissions should be no more than 200 words, clearly articulate how the proposed contribution relates to one or more of the key areas above, and concisely describe the technology, program, or methodology and its application to Cooperative Extension.
Submission Method and Due Date:Special Issue proposed abstracts should be uploaded to JOE Special Issue Abstract Submission. The due date for submission is Friday, June 30, 2017 at midnight EDT.